Wednesday, June 10, 2009

How to Track Your Diabetes Medical Schedule

When you properly manage your diabetes it is worth keeping track of. By doing this helps prevent complications, you can keep tabs of test, and screenings.# Living with diabetes is no fun. If you or a loved has been diagnosed as a diabetic you probably wondered how did this happen ? When I found out that I was a diabetic I just panicked, Then I started wondering something is wrong this is why I'm having all these symptoms. I was so thirsty that if I could swallow the whole Niagara falls I would . Then came the tingly feet and hands and don't forget the blurry vision. I was so dumb I thought. My doctor did some blood work it's called hbA1C test. The test evaluates the average amount of glucose in the blood over the past 2 - 3 months. My results were real high I was a 12 and I should be a normal range which is a 6.4 . I said "my god what did I do wrong". See ,my active lifestyle wasn't so active anymore. I started to gain the weight (especially around the middle) developed High Blood Pressure, and so on and so on. I was a total wreck and I had to do something about it . I did do something and that was to get educated and eat right and exercise. After finding out that I can't get rid of it , I can sure darn control it . This my friend is the best way" just knowing that I can control it " I repeated this to myself all the time. # Step 2 weight needs to come off Now that I have been a type 2 for some time my weight, has yo yo back and forth . Its like trying to keep a horse still. Now I have the confidence and the know how to control it. I eat right and keep a count of what I eat. I Erased a lot of sugars from my diet, I do more exercises now and I educate others who are walking down this street now. You don't' have to be afraid of this illness you can and will control this. You have the power to do this ,it is not hard at all . # Step 3 Get out and be active again Buy fresh veggies and eat 6 small meals a day . Drink plenty of water and do exercise. Keep that blood pressure under control. If your a type 2 diabetic and on insulin you can get off the insulin. But, you have to discipline yourself and eat right and do the things that you know that are right. Be a help to others and you will find a reward in this ,because you know that you have helped someone. Diabetes can cause complications that will lead to Amputation of you limbs so see your doctor get the test done and find out. Be Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment